Followers

Monday, May 9, 2011

My Mother's Day gift.


Look at what I received for Mother's day yesterday from my 16 year-old DD Kalie. A handmade card and 6 decorated sketching pencils. It's the best gift anyone's ever given me. I just love it. I'm all too aware that I won't be getting many more handmade gifts from my girls, so I especially cherish this one. All you mommy's of little ones who received handmade gifts, take good care of those gifts because all too soon you'll start getting flowers and CD's. Which is great, but nothing in as special as the cards written is crayons and the paper flowers. Happy one day late Mother's Day!
Tracey

6 comments:

MizDenise said...

What a precious gift! I treasured all the times my son chose to be with us instead of friends as he was getting older, thinking much the same as you. ...
Now he's in college (and we know sooo little about anything ...)
I'm so glad I have the memories to tide me over til the time he realizes we're not so bad after all ...
Though he was precious yesterday with flowers and a card he picked out because of the crafty flowers and gemstones, reminding him of my cardmaking.

Gina said...

Aaaaw :) How beautiful!! Lucky mum to have such a thoughtful daughter :D XXX

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, Tracey, that is a special gift. I'm sure you'll cherish it. I just love all the little handmade things my kids make for me. Thanks for sharing.

Queenie Jeannie said...

That's so awesome Tracey!!! I love my kiddos' handmade prezzies too!

Vicki Fraser said...

so very sweet - my mum has been slowly giving me back the gifts i made her as a child, a card here and macrame owl there - she says she has so much stuff and she can't bear to throw it out that she'd rather I have it back to look at my past. :) gotta love a mum who hoards stuff! lol

Vivienne said...

Cool idea!

I'd love to know how she made them. They look great.